Crete (Greece) 20th -24th September 2011
Second Call of Abstracts
The EHPS 2011 scientific committee cordially invites people to submit proposals for the 25th Conference of the European Health Psychology Society to be held in Crete (Greece) 20th -24th September 2011. The theme of the conference is “Engaging with other health professionals” and presentations that explore such themes are particularly welcome.
This year we celebrate the 25 years of EHPS and we would like to honour the past, present and future of health psychology in Europe. Europe, in tandem with the world, is experiencing a period of significant socioeconomic changes. Thus, the need for health psychology to make itself even more relevant is stronger than ever.
With this in mind, we strongly encourage you to submit Symposia, Round Tables, Oral Presentations, Poster Presentations, Debates, or Workshops reflecting innovation, collaboration and multidisciplinarity. Both quantitative and qualitative methodologies are welcome.
In addition to oral presentations, posters, roundtables, and symposia, we encourage you to consider the following categories for submission: “Work in progress”,“Research gone wrong”, “Health psychology in practice”
1. Stress and Coping How psychosocial demands affect emotional distress, coping responses and health outcomes
2. Social Support and Health How social resources, including social networks affect health outcomes
3. Psychosomatic Problems Non-explained somatic symptoms, and psychosomatic conditions
4. Social Cognition Models and Health Behaviour Social cognitive models influence health behaviours
5. Self-Regulation, including Illness Perceptions Self-regulation models and illness representations
6. Psychological Interventions in Chronic Disease Interventions delivered to patients or high-risk individuals
7. Public Health Interventions and Health Promotion Public health interventions delivered to a group or population, including environmental interventions
8. Health psychology and Aging Issues in health and illness associated with aging, especially disability
9. Health psychology, Families, and Children Issues in health and illness related to family interactions, and especially children
10. Individual Traits and Health Psychology Relationship of individual difference variables to health and illness
11. Culture, Social Change and Health Culture or socioeconomic aspects of health and illness, including health effects of social change
12. Occupational Health Issues in health and illness related to the work environment
13. Communication in Healthcare Communication with health professionals, (e.g. doctor-patient) and health outcomes
14. Health Services Research and Behavioural medicine Psychological issues related to quality of health care, medical performance and medical mistakes
15. Psychophysiology, PNI and Neurophysiology issues related to interactions between physiological, neurological, and immunological outcomes.
Oral and poster presentations, roundtables, symposia and workshops should be submitted by 14th February 2011 athttp://www.ehps2011.com
On behalf of the Scientific Committee